The Narrows is within walking distance of the public beach, tennis courts, boat tours, churches, grocery stores, quaint gift shops, theater, bowling alley, miniature golf and the community art center.
Also close by are two championship 18 hole golf courses, Thendara or Inlet. The McCauley Mountain chairlift and picnic area has a spectacular view of the village of Old Forge and the Fulton Chain of Lakes. Not to mention the excellent restaurants, hiking trails, lakes and ponds for fishing, that are also nearby.
* Enchanted Forest/Water Safari
* Restored Adriondack Scenic Railroad
* Boat Tours of the Fulton Chain of Lakes on Old Forge Lake Cruises
* Rondaxe (Bald) Mountain Fire Tower
* Sagamore Lodge (Adirondack Great Camp) - 20 miles
* Blue Mountain Museum - 35 miles
* WW Durant Navigational Tour & Dining Cruises - 20 miles